1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hipshot vs badass....

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassninja7, Sep 22, 2008.

1. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    http://www.myspace.com/publicface
    i have a epi tbird and im looking to mod it a bit...

which bridge would be better:

hipshot or a badass?

i know with the badass id have to redrill holes, but it does not bother me, i want to get the best tone possible.

thanks guys

2. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    i had this problem too recently.. and i really liked the look of sadowsky bridges.. the whole curved top arch look..so i bought a schaller (yesterday :)) i personally hate the BadAss looks but havent played one.. to what i recall i really like the hipshot A B and Vintage..
    there all high mass (bar the vintage i think) so its up to personnal taste really.. put a tremolo on that sucker id say :)

3. Tommy el Gato

Tommy el Gato

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm kind of interested in this too. I've got a J. So the initial choice would be badass. However, Hipshot has got some pretty nice looking high-mass bridges. I'm looking forward to the replies here.

4. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    thats the one i ordered i like the smooth lines curved top as i said.. not really hot on the BADASS stamped on the bridge nor the rugged "unfinished" look but there meant to be great.. hipshot would be more favourable over Leo quan to me but i really wanted the sadowsky look(think rogers are made by hipshot but are exclusive) so settled with the next best thing

Attached Files:

• 3d4.
      3d4.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
  5. Lucas G

Lucas G

Jan 14, 2007
    masury, OH
    that hipshot supertone looks mighty fine to me. direct bolt-on! i have been considering one for my epi eb-0 if i ever have the cash lying around to modify a bass i don't play often for no reason whatsoever. i bought it with modifying in mind, though- i'm sure i'll get around to it eventually.

6. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    My vote is HipShot all the way. I have never been a BadAss fan. I actually removed the one on my Fender MM years ago and put it back on when I sold it.

7. wizay

wizay

Mar 5, 2008
    Norway
    take the Hipshot Supertone. Its a direct replacement. I dont think the bassass is high enough either;o

8. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    i think im gunna go with the hipshot. thanks for you help:)

my guitar player just got a jackson dinky the other day, and has been fooling around with the whammy....so naturaly this got me thinking.....whammy bar on NIKKI (my bass)

ive seen basses the come with whammies, but what type of work would go into putting one on a tbird???

9. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    The pic you have of that bridge reminds me a lot of the bridge on my Peavey Dyna. I absolutely love the bridge on that beast. Please excuse the stupid question but thats a Badass bridge, right? If so which series is it?

10. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
  11. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Thanks! Checking out the link now. ^_^

12. T'CharleS

T'CharleS

Jul 6, 2008
    France
    I'd go Hipshot all the way: at least as sturdy, better looks, easier to adjust.

13. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    what's wrong with the stock bridge?

14. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    nothing actually. lol
    i just want to trick it out, replacing the tuning machines as well