1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)


Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by aristotle chang, May 26, 2003.

  1. aristotle chang

    aristotle chang

    May 25, 2003
    what are they? ive heard of them in reference to drop tuning. thanks for any information.
  2. Wrong Robot

    Wrong Robot Guest

    Apr 8, 2002

    they make all sorts of neat little gizmos for bass and guitar.

    the ones you are thinking of are called Extenders, I have one on my E string, to drop it to D with a flick of a switch :D

    they also make a bass tremolo.
  3. yeah you're thinking of those tuners that Manring uses. You can do some cool stuff with alternat tunings with those.
  4. Tnavis


    Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Also extremely handy if you don't have a five string. Depending on the gauge of your E string, you can tune down to "C" without too much extraneous flapping.
  5. I saw a peavey bass that came with those extender things stock, this rules. Thanks for the link yo!
  6. Pacman

    Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

    Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Moved to Misc.