1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hired Gun Needed Seattle Area June 6th

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Capt.Obvious, May 2, 2015.

1. It finally happened! I got double booked with a hot mom and her hot daughter!

First! From 10am-4pm, Rods to Rainier festival. Hotrod enthusiasts, strawberry shortcake and cool jazz. Also of note, the sax player Ryan, just met him, is 17 years old! You want to just ring his little neck after your done gaping.

975236ef1a766e8eeef9aab129068be9_zpszff6hnsn.

And then! Zola's Café in Auburn with her daughter in that same evening!

The funny thing is they still live together and you might expect that they wouldn't double book the family bass man, but they did! Neither Susanna or Alex knew of each others upcoming gigs and both asked within about a week of each other. :roflmao:

I realized about a week later that it's the same date, fortunately the time works out and could maybe do both. There is a possibility that CJQ will be asked to play at the destination location for the hotrod convoy, in which case I'll need a ringer to take one of the evening shows. I know a couple cats I can ask, but if they're not available and you live in the Seattle area, post here for some possible hired gun action. :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 3, 2015

2. You'd better hope that they don't read your posts here... if they do, chances are you won't get called back.

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Dear Penthouse,

I never believed anything like this could ever happen to me...

4. Oh I'm convinced the do read my stuff. They most likely have a team of researchers monitoring me as we speak, but I just don't care! I think they find my odd sensibilities endearing, which is why they even bother to snoop on me anyway. I say, let them look, take it all in! :roflmao:

And in reality, they are a classy bunch and probably wouldn't mind the harmless promotion.

:nailbiting: PLEASE DON'T FIRE ME, I WAS KIDDING! :nailbiting:

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  5. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

6. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I only play disco. ;)

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  7. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
  8. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    The first video is private, can you share something that isn't so that I can hear what's going on?

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  9. Your HIRED! :roflmao:

A little drop of disco in every tune makes the world go 'round.

10. Wow perfect! How did you manage to find so many Seattle area bass players? Is there a way of listing members and filtering by location somehow?

Thanks for that little interwebz wizardry there. :thumbsup:

11. OOps! my bad. I tried editing vid in Youtube and switched it to unlisted instead of private. Please let me know if that fixes the embedded one here. If not, I'll upload it again as public. Thanks for taking a gander.

John Chmaj (pronounced Shmay) is a total monster on the keys and also plays flute and probably some other instruments too. When he's not traveling for some gig or master class, he graces the Seattle area with his magic. By far he's the best piano player I've ever played with, got the sensation I was playing along with my old Oscar Peterson records at our first rehearsal. :woot:

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  12. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    No magic, it's just cats I know who are in Seattle. I don't think Nathan posts here anymore, or I'da punched his name in there too....

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  13. Lee Whalen (Silent Knight I believe on TB) is also 'round here but he's already gigging on the 6th and can't help, so this is a big help.

Thanks man!

14. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I am not available, but I could help you get in touch with Nathan or someone else if Chris or Michael aren't free or up for it.

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  15. Cool brother, thanks for taking a look. I'll find out hopefully by tomorrow if CJQ is doing that evening thing on the Mt. at Paradise and know for sure if I'll need a hired gun. Thanks for the heads up Troy.