1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hiromi & Stanley Clarke

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by thewildest, Jun 29, 2012.

1. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Montreal
    Hey folks, yesterday I had the incredible opportunity to go to the Montreal Jazz Festival and see Hiromi and Stanley Clarke in concert. I had, for some reason (ignorance), the preconceived idea that Mr. Clarke most effective weapon was his 4 string Alembic, but yesterday he played all songs but one with a DoubleBass.... I really enjoyed this DB performance than anything I have ever heard from him, incredible musicality, feeling, tone. A totally recommended show to go see. I was somewhat disappointed with the tone of the Alembic/Ampeg combination he had, there was something wrong with the way the EQ was setup or something. They used it only on 1 tune, a crazy version of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' City of Angels.

Hiromi... what to say....the prodigy child of both God and the Devil, sent to Earth to bring to us the voices from the sky. Out of this universe.

2. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    Man, I'd love to have seen that.

Stanley is an institution and Hiromi... she's her own species. Unbelievable!

3. Basscat125

Basscat125

Aug 3, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    none yet
    +1.
    Don't know about others but i loved jazz in the garden!

4. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

Saw her in Stanley's band last year with Ruslan Siroda on keys as well. Perfect combo, both so talented and enjoy making music. Stanley's upright playing is fantastic, but his electric ain't too bad either!