Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hiscox cases: what a superb company to deal with.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rockin John, Oct 13, 2005.

1. To cut a long story short, I bought a Hiscox case to have a bass transported across country.

The instrument arrived slightly damaged (bent 'E' machine head). I wrote to Hiscox outlining the situation.

What a refreshing response. They admitted blame for what had happened. They actually went out of their way to shoulder their responsibilities. Without asking about cost the company asked to let them pay for a complete repair to the bass. Without considering their own losses over the situation they sent me a new case and reimbursed me for the old one.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Old fashioned values in a fairly young company. Whilst I'm sure many firms would have tried to wriggle out of it, Hiscox acted in the best traditions.

Can't say fairer than that.

John

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Killer, I'll be looking up this company now.

3. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    mmm...doesn't look like there's going to be any easy way to get them in the US though...

4. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    I have been quite lucky to know about this compant for quite some time as they are manufactured quite literally, down the road.

Matt

5. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

You think you're special??? :eyebrow:

..cause you are!

Yeah!

Take that....

oh wait....