Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hissy tweeter

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkfish, Aug 22, 2002.

1. funkfish

funkfish Guest

Jun 20, 2002
    U.S., Princeton, NJ
    on my ampeg ba-115sp...ive been told the hissing is the tweeter. tell me everything i need to know about the tweeter, how to get rid of the hissing. please help!!

i think thats my problem. i gotta go to sleep, ill catch up tomorrow morn

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    It is your tweeter. Turn down the tweeter if it has a control knob.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    When I used to have an SWR Workingman's 15 it also hissed through the tweeter. That had a switch you could use to turn the tweeter off and just use the 15. I did that because the 15 seemed to articulate my highs just fine. Took care of the hissing. Don't suppose your's has that switch?

brad cook

4. funkfish

funkfish Guest

Jun 20, 2002
    U.S., Princeton, NJ
    no switch....

theres two separate volumes though

theres "level" then "volume"..... the level is the main volume, the volume doesnt do much. but if i put the volume all the way up and the level around 3, it doesnt hiss and is loud enough for my room.. i dono what to do.

5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Your amp does not have a separate tweeter volume control knob or a tweeter defeater switch. Your only option is to turn down your highs. Depending on your tone preference this may not make much difference or it may destroy your tone. Give it a whirl...it's your only option.