Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

History help?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chris J, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Alright guys, I have a history essay due on thursday and it's on the Berlin airlift. Does anyone know where I could find some kind of a journal about the topic? Or even better Presidential diaries or something like that? (2nd year university class so no timelines and gr. 6 pages :D) I hope someone has info for me.

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Unless someone here has a family member who flew into Berlin during the blockade, you would best get to your campus library right away. It amazes me, as a history teacher, that the last place students look for such sources is usually the largest building on campus. If your campus library is not good enough, go to the closest major university and use their resources. Employ the services of an available reference librarian. The best place for any existing primary sources on the operation is going to be the U.S. National Archives. I have no idea what the Canadian equivalent is.

3. I actually already have six sources. One of which being a transcript of letters and speeches between the leaders of each of Berlin's zones. I guess the Canadian version would be the archives. Thanks for the effort.

4. Great info. I used it to get the basics earlier. But yeah for this essay if I were to use internet sources that aren't journals or online essays(published ones) I'll pretty much get laughed at. I guess it's back to the library for me.

5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    O.k. your best bet for secondary and tertiary articles are going to be journals that are going to be VERY difficult to find in a public collection. Try Military History and Military History Quarterly . I have subscriptions for both. Your best bet for finding similar journals are going to be at a war college. Contact the Canadian Military, Public Affairs Office(or whatever passes for such a thing) and ask about publically available archives or libraries.