Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hiwatt, Tech 21 or Other Wah Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass-shy, Feb 13, 2005.

1. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I need a "traditional" wah pedal but I haven't been impressed with the Morley or Dunlop wahs I have tried. I'm currently using a Boss AW-3 Dynamic wah, but it's a hassle to connect and disconnect the expression pedal when I want to switch between manual and auto modes. I would like a true bypass and standard footboard action, as opposed to spring loaded, since I also want to use it for a fixed-filter effect. The Hiwatt, Rocktron's Black Cat Moan and the Tech 21 Killer Wail look interesting, but I can't find any of them to audition. Does anyone own any of these? Will at least one of them give me what I want? Are there others I should look into? Please help me.....

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Anyone.....?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Which Morley did you use? My favorite of all them was the Pro Series II Bass Wah, the big blue one. Better than the newer Dual Bass Wah or older Power Wahs.

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I've used both the older, blue Morley of which you speak, and the newer dual bass wah. Two problems with the blue one for me: The effect will disengage unintentionally while playing due to its switchless design and the footboard is spring loaded, making fixed-filter effects difficult. I had the same problems with their newer design as well. What I'm looking for is a standard wah with an on off switch and true bypass that works well with lower frequencies. Thanks for the reply though.....

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'll admit the fixed-filter effects are difficult. That's why I'd ideally have two wahs... but no room on the board and certainly no money.