1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HK Rotosphere question - (man O man...)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Liten, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    Hi!

So I got a HK rotosphere home for testing with my bass and Im speachless with how well this pedal sounds..
    I use a Moollon Bass Drive infront of it and it's about as badass of a sound as ive ever heard...

My question: Is there a way to slow down the "slow" setting? The micro-pots on each side of the rotor-balance knob just change the "fast" setting...

When engaging the Breaker switch the sound of the "slowdown" to stop is JUST what im looking for.. Really Jet phaser like!!.. to get that sound out of the slow setting would be perfect...

Anyone got any Idea?

2. Possible? Probably. How? No one will be able to tell you unless you can unearth a schematic (highly unlikely) or reverse engineer the circuit.

3. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    Thanks for the reply...
    Ill just have to buy it and let my pedal-tech have a go @ it..

cheers..

4. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    Soundclips?

5. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    I meant of the Moollon Bass Drive through the Rotosphere.

6. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    Ill try to get some up once Ive baught the pedal and found some time to record with it..

EDIT: Tried it in my old Sunn amp yesterday and found it to boost the low-end quite a bit.. the sound got pretty boomy.. Im sure it's tweekable though...

7. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    That would be much appreciated. Thanks for the info! I've been interested in the Rotosphere for a long time.

8. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    No soundfiles but impressions from a really loud rehersal yesterday..

I was worried the pedal would sound boomy in a high quality rig.. it didn't..
    It sounded better than I could have hoped for... when nothing else is engaged the sound becomes sort of like a luch chorus... but without the tone-shifting..
    When the BassDrive whas engaged.. and speed on fast.. MAN O MAN... total B3 mayham... Kicked ass in a drum/guitar/bass trio.. really rocking sound..
    And when you hit the breaker... the fingers almost automaticly goes for the main riff on "Earthquake".. Truly an addictive pedal... Love it.. getting one.. but not from the store.. too expencive.. looking for it used..

9. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    Thanks for the info!

10. what does the breaker switch do??

11. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    It simulates the breaker switch on an old leslie that disengages the top and bottom rotors.. (horns).. and they come to a stop.. On this effekt it takes a few seconds before it compleatly stops.. making it sound REALLY phaser-like for those few seconds.. I also find the tone beefier than with the effect off.. (note.. engaged breaker switch is not the same thing.. )