1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

hm, needing light weight bass, with heavy sound?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MusicMan16, Apr 14, 2006.

1. MusicMan16

MusicMan16

Nov 27, 2005
    hey guys, any suggestions? post pics if needed thanks alot:D

2. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Sounds like you need a Reverend.

Gotta look for a used model now, though.

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Front pickup volume ==> Dimed
    Front pickup tone ==> Dimed
    Back pickup volume ==> 40%
    Back pickup tone ==> Off

Weight ==> About 3 or 4 lbs...

Tone when played through an Ampeg V-4 and a 2X15 ==> 'Huge', 'Throaty', 'Ballsy'!!

[​IMG]

-robert

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    A Rumblefish would do the trick. I have a Dark Starred P Bass that had almost all the wood under the PG routed before I got it. That one is seriously light (6 lbs) and with the Dark Star setup with a bit of a scoop it can get heavy. All that magnet and all those windings do make a difference.

5. This is a sealed hollowbody with Turner's Highlander preamp and piezo bridge. http://www.renaissanceguitars.com/rb5.html
    I have a solid body 4 string Electroline at 8.5 pounds with the piezo and two of Rick's personally designed soapbars. The Renaissance Amplicoustic is 5.5 pounds and the piezo and preamp are wonderfully fat while still being articulate. They may not look like your typical fancy buckeye-burl-topped, Fender-shaped $4,000 bass, but they are a dream to play, light as a feather and have tone to die for. Rick Turner knows bass amplification and the frequency range on these instruments is astounding. You can easily play rock, metal, country, blues and jazz on these. They are not common and you have to be willing to stand out in the crowd with an unusual look. But you will be rewarded by the music they can produce and every musician in the crowd will be talking about your tone. If 8.5 pound ever gets too much for me I'm going to cry a river, sell my Turner Electroline and my 17th Street / Carruthers and buy me one of these babies.