1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hmm...beginner bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rodest, Sep 15, 2008.

1. rodest

rodest

Sep 14, 2008
    Hello, I recently took up bass (again)...And I first came to TalkBass for advice as there is so many experienced bassists :hyper:

Anyway, I wish to purchase a new bass guitar, something along the lines of £200-300, $400-600, and be avaliable in the U.K. I love and am inspired by the sounds of Tim Commerford from RATM, and also Blink 182 bassist Mark Hoppus, so if you know any basses along those sounds I will be most impressed.

At first I was going to create my own bass, customize it with my own strings and pickups, and change what I didn't like, but I am not sure so I ask for advice please :)

Any ideas of what model I should purchase ?

Thankyou for reading this. :D

2. broadblik

broadblik

Aug 10, 2008
    Sheffield, UK
    www.warmoth.com is your best bet for make your own,

Tim Commerford has recently used Jazz style Lakland basses. (not too difficult to get hold of in the UK try www.guitarampkeyboard.com)

Hoppus has his own PJ bass (I'm gna call it that cos it's in the Jazz bass section with a P bass PU) From Fender.

I would reccomend the Laklands.

3. rodest

rodest

Sep 14, 2008
    Thankyou for your replies I wil be sure to check them out thanks :D