Hmm, calling Germany?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Juneau, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Hey everyone, a buddy of mine ordered some software from

They have not returned his emails or delivered his product in over a week after charging his Credit Card. I tried to call the company form the US by dialing - 011 49 30 61 10 35 0 (011 for international call) and received no answer. I did try to call just now, which it would be 7:30pm in Germany, but no answering machine/service seems kinda strange to me.

Anyone in Germany that might be willing to give them a call and find out hours of business or even if you can get through?

Aside from refuting the credit card charge for non-delivery of goods, Im not sure what else he could do to find out any information, so any suggestions would be usefull as well.

Thanks in advance for any help. This is the first international call I've ever had to make so Im not even sure if Im doing it right.
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'd keep waiting, it takes an awful long time depending on shipping for things to get accross the pond :)
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You will get NOBODY @ 7:30 PM, I guess there's no answering machine as it's the gate (?) number, the phones under the subfix numbers (?) will probably have machines.

To my knowledge, NI is a respectable company, and a little more than one week might be allowable for delivery to the US.

I wonder why he didn't order from the US division? Or did he?
  4. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Thanks for the help, we found a number for their California offices and will give them a try.