1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hmm should I buy the Yamaha bx 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr.Reed, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I found it on reverb for 85 just the body is would have to put in pick up and other things to restore it or make it my own or just keep searching for one I really want

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. Here a picture of it

Attached Files:

3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    You'd have to do some major mods to it since the tuning tailpiece, and more importantly, the string clamp at the nut end of the neck, are missing. I liked the one I had, I bought it brand new in 1987, and in more recent years I had a BX-1. Both sounded very nice in their unique Yamaha way. These basses had no dead spots thats I could discern, too. You will most likely have to do some routing (or a pickguard, or something) to fit different pickups as the pickups in these basses are a unique shape.

Temcat likes this.
  4. Yea I was looking at it, it may take a lot of money and time looking for parts to get it playable

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    For the price it could be a fun project, really.

Mr.Reed likes this.