Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hmm, wierd encounter.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Apr 5, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hi all.

Ive just been to a gig, and on my walk home I noticed 2 people sat on my street corner talking between them. I decded to approach them and ask if they were ok/offer the use of my phone if they needed it.

They then told me that some one named 'Darren' had said they could stay at his house which was '4 hamerton close'...

My brothers name is Dan, and I live at 5 hamerton close, with an old couple living at number 4. I cuatiously attempted to explain this, but they were resilliant to listen and take it in (They'd been drinking/smoking drugs).

They then asked me to take them to someones house (a freind of mine they 'knew'), so I deceided I ought to as they seemed stranded. However, they then ran the other way thinking theyd spotted 'darren'. I took the opertunity and legged it nto the saftey of my home.

My brother, Dan (Darren??) is still out somewhere, I'm hoping he wont bring them creature sback with him :/

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    what did i just read? :confused:

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I too am confused. :confused:

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, say no to drugs or you'll end up looking like this
    [​IMG] :D

5. I am as well.....:confused:

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Fixed it 4 u.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

A message from the McFerrin family:

[​IMG]

:D

brad cook

8. how 'bout a monkey knife fight?

"gorgeous joe!"
    "oh, he ain't gorgeous no more."

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yeah, I can see the passion but i might suggest you polish your technique some more (get a book on the subject!) :)

10. eh... i'm more of a pretend-i-got-skills type, y'know?
    can you recommend a book to pick up? i could tell my folks to get it for me for my birthday in a week or so.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance the night away, da dan de dah dance the night awaaay!!

12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    *Polly dances the night away*

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    well, i cant really recommend one (since we are on different countries and my book is made by/for Mexican market)

just visit your local bookstore and see the dozens of books on every photoshop version...

choose a cheap one and just practice as the book progresses...

you can skip several chapters and focus on:
    -Text editing
    -Use of Layers
    -Clone Brush
    -Image Ready

as you might notice, im on the image ready chapter :D

14. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Wow, some killer pictures in this thread!

..hmm I just read my first post and it doesn't really explain much at all!

By the way, I hadnt drank anything or smoked anything. I'm not a trendy straightedger by the way, just fairweather and cany handle alcohol so decided not to have any last night ( :oops: )

PS - it's images like this that make me wish I was asupporting member with an avatar:
    [​IMG]

15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico

16. How small would Pete's head have to be (oo-er:eek: ) before it would be small enough yet still spinning?