Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hmmm. Sounds like a scam. What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SerBass, Sep 5, 2004.

1. SerBass

SerBass Guest

Nov 8, 2003
    Hello,
    It"s been very ok for me reaching this web-site and glad to foundout what exactly i have been looking for.I got to see the placement base on the advertisment of your (Ibanez BTB1005E F/S) from this decent site and i made a decision to get a contact with you and really found out about what your final Price.cos i saw $850 also i will like to know the exact present condition of your (Ibanez BTB1005E F/S).Moreso, if you do accept cashier's check for mode of my payment do email asap!!!expecting your maximum reply.Today.......
    cheers..
    Dave...

I smell Nigerian scam. Am I right or wrong?

2. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    Get a phone # and a address, Give him/her a call and just don't ship till you have the green in your hand. Make sure any type of payment clears the band.

3. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I can tell you now, it's a scam. Next the guy is going to ask if you can send the bass to Nigeria.

4. The English is bad, the name of the bass is always in brackets, doesn't sound too normal to me. Get his number and make sure, if he gives you a check, that the check passes and everything and the money is officially in your hand before sending it away.

5. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Almost everything involving a cashier's check for classified goods is a scam.

6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Tell him you can only sell it to him if he joins your church, Holy Church of The Order of The Red Breast. Have him send a photo of himself in the ceremonial garb:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]