Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hmmmm...Ashdown Neo Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassguppy, Apr 20, 2005.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Doesn't that PDF file contain the specs? Or are you referring to frequency response, etc., for the cabs? Either way, I'd love to hear a report back from anybody who has tried either the new 1x15/2x8 or 2x10/2x10 cabs, as well as the Superfly head!

2. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'd love to hear reports back, also. It looks like a great idea, but with a weird implementation: the amp has 2 power outputs, each rated at 250W at 4ohms (not much). The speaker cabs each have two 4-ohm inputs, thus you can't use more than one cab with the amp. Clearly targeted towards smaller gigs/playing situations, which is fine... but would have been nice if you could combine more than one of the matching speaker cabs with the Superfly.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Hmmm... As I read it, you would be able to power two cabs (4 ohm min each) and provide 250w to each cab, for a total of 500 watts into two 4 ohm loads. But maybe I am not reading the literature correctly, or I missed something...

4. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hmmm, interesting. What's with the lack of retro-ness though, heheh.

210 + 2x8 doesn't really interest me, though the other cab looks allright.