1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hmmmm Help??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mralex, Nov 11, 2010.

1. mralex

mralex

Oct 29, 2010
    OK so i recently came into possession of an ampeg svt 6x10 hlf, however there is no speaker grill. This is bothersome to me because it worrys me having the speakers un protected from falling objects, such as symbols when someone is drunk and trips over them... So, what is a cheap fix for this? im not worried about it looking good or anything, the tolex is torn beyond belief (was a great way to talk him down a ton on the price) which ill be fixing eventually but not at the moment. I was thinking like garden fence or something? i dont know, any ideas?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Since it's all torn up anyway, I'd use chicken wire. It will look completely badass redneck meth dealer, and it will do a good job deflecting cymbals.

3. rewopnayr

rewopnayr

Apr 26, 2007
    marion
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    the cheapest fix would be to get some cheap grillcloth and staple it onto the cloth frame.

5. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    the simmons ampeg cabs had expanded metal grates - you could always pick up a couple pieces of that from a home improvement store. doubtful you'll find a single one big enough.

6. mralex

mralex

Oct 29, 2010
    ha ha i like it, i might do that :p

"this kind of wire mesh kinda stuff works great for protecting speakers. ive used it on some of the cabs i use to own. i didnt buy it from this site but picked it up at a local hardware store.
    "

i was trying to find that but i cant figure out what to call it to get a price online