1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Hofner 500/2 Club Bass, Gold Label Ltd Ed, Orange, German

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ScottTunes, Sep 1, 2017.

1. ScottTunes

ScottTunes Gear-A-Holic Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2011
    So Cal
    Price:
    $1800.00
    Strings:
    BEST playing German made Hofner Club I've ever had! Great Hofner sound as well, naturally.

I bought another "Gold Label" Club, and I don't wish to be a "collector." Plus, I need the money to pay for the new one! I still have my '62 (in avatar) and "Beatle" bass.

I bought this one last winter. It is supposed to be a "B" stock, and I got it for a decent price, and will pass that decent price along.

You can tell it has been around a few years since there are "veins" in the finish. Not quite "checking," but look at the photos (3rd one particularly) and see for yourself.

What makes it a "B stock" is a little binding separation in a couple of spots, which aren't really noticeable outside of 1 or 2 foot viewing distance. Some play wear shows (I can/will clean up most of it). Otherwise it is beautiful!

Let me know if you want more photos. Those posted here are from the original seller from 7 months ago, and still represent this fab Club bass better than I can!

Gold Label 500-2 06 (2).

Gold Label 500-2 09.

Gold Label 500-2 01.

Gold Label 500-2 02.

Gold Label 500-2 07.

The neck is superb, with low action, and the Hofner (Pyramid) flats are still sounding and feeling great as well.

I'm a huge Hofner fan, and have owned too many in my 45+ years of playing. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking!!