1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hofner bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AnthonyCastillo, Feb 22, 2020.

1. AnthonyCastillo

AnthonyCastillo Commercial User

Feb 20, 2020
    Can you slap on a hofner bass?

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    If you want to...

3. Slapndbayass

Slapndbayass

Nov 9, 2016
    Mongo only pawn in game of life...

What strings are you using?

4. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    South Bend, Indiana
    '94 Gretsch  G6119B-2.JPG Yeah, I imagine you can, although it's hard to imagine a bass that's less suited for it. A multi-piece, floating bridge can float out of tune - to say nothing of intonation - if you're too vigorous just playing it "normally". I think I'd have to describe the slap style of the guy in the video as "gingerly"; and it wouldn't surprise me if he's pinned that bridge to the body. too. That's a very common modification to the floating bridges on hollow body Gretsch guitars and basses; some of the guitars actually come that way from the factory. The bridge on my Gretsch Broadkaster isn't pinned; but, I use violin bow resin on it's little footsies, and I never slap - on any of my basses, anyway... :cool:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021