Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hofner basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassmonkey144, May 30, 2004.

1. so uh, there are the actual hofners, then the knockoffs. who makes the knockoffs, and how cheap are they? i like that beatles tone, and was thinking about getting one.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Brice makes one for $225 http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml;$sessionid$1H2HOZIAAAWGLTZENUFETIWPERWRJPX0?UCIDs=850849%7C940496&PRID=1117805

That would be my first choice. Jay Turser makes one as well, dont know the exact price but it is similiar.

Univox makes , or made one too i believe.

3. o yea, and do they only make them left-handed? or do some people make rightys?

4. yea, i saw brice's. looks pretty nice. i think that would be my first choice too. but is it only left handed?

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Jay Turser, Brice, Rouge, Epiphone, Vox, Univox, Kimberely , Ideal . Remember this are a one trick dog with alot of tech issues but they do have their place.

6. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    nope

7. awesome. they dont show any rightys on rondo's site tho. anybody know where i can see some?

8. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
  9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA