1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hofner Club Bass 500/2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by S.fasciani, Aug 12, 2012.

1. S.fasciani

S.fasciani

May 27, 2005
    USA
    A few days ago i recieved a new Hofner Club Bass 500/2.
    After putting some thomastik flats on it this bass plays and sounds amazing! Super punchy low end and good sustain. Playing acoustically you can feel and hear the resonance of the wood. I think these are constructed really well in Germany. Just thought i would share this with fellow bassist who might be interested.

2. SactoBass

SactoBass I like all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    Very cool! I have always liked the Hofner Club Bass 500/2 (the real deal "made in Germany" version).

I was cruising YouTube last night, and I came across this vid of the Talking Heads playing Take Me to the River. Check out Tina Weymouth playing her Hof Club. There's a great view of it at 1:25.

She is layin down the groove like a pro! Sounds awesome!

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Those are very comfortable basses to play. Congrats, all the best with it. :bassist:

4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I always wanted one. North coast music has an icon version ive been gasing for till I got my Epi Allen Woody. Very similar I think, aside from the pickup configuration. The club is beautiful though. I always liked it better than the violin bass.