No longer available Hofner Custom Shop 500/2, 3 Pickup Silver Burst Club Bass W/Hardshell Case / Price Drop 2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DrSteve, Sep 10, 2022.

1. DrSteve

DrSteve Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2008
    North Delaware
    Price:
    $2295.00
    Strings:
    United States
    Hand built in Germany in 2007

Custom Shop 500/2 Club Bass Silver Burst with 3 pickups. Build #1 of 1. Similar to the Tom Petersson Model (Gold Top).

This is a great player and I’ve gotten countless complements, by other musicians, about the excellent sound during performances.

Semi-retired; only playing out 6 to 8 times a year. This bass deserves more action.

About the sound: The Bridge Pickup is not as bright as the bridge pickup on the 500/1, so it's very much more usable. Having the third pickup gives this bass a richer, fuller sound. This allows you more options when using various combinations of pickups. I typically use the Neck and Middle pickups and switch on the Neck Pickup when I want a more modern sound.

I am the Second owner; Well cared for instrument by both owners. Low action, easy to play narrow neck, very light weight, no neck dive, sounds amazing with that famous hollow body Hofner Thump.

Perfect functionally, but there is checking and a few dings here and there. Somewhat expected for a 15 year old bass. Absolutely no impact on playability or sound. I tried to get photos of the imperfections.

Pickups, Switches & Dials:
    Treble On (1st switch up - Off position) = Neck Pickup On
    Bass On (middle switch up - Off position) = Bridge Pickup On
    Rhythm / Solo (3rd switch up - Solo position) = Middle Pickup On
    Dials are for Volume & Tone even though they are both marked Volume.

The bass has been professionally set up and re-strung with Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flatwounds.
    Hofner Hard Shell case included.

Free shipping.
    Domestic Sales only. Discount for local pickup.
    PayPal and Cash accepted.

A Hofner Custom shop - 1a.jpeg A Hofner Custom shop - 1b.jpeg A Hofner Custom shop - 1c.jpeg A Hofner Custom shop - 1d.jpeg A Hofner Custom shop - 1e.jpeg Club - 1.jpeg Club - 2.jpeg Club - 3.jpeg Club - 4.jpeg Club - 5.jpeg Club - 6.jpeg Club - 7.jpeg Club - 8.jpeg Club - 9.jpeg Club - 10.jpeg Club - 11.jpeg Club - 12.jpeg Club - 13.jpeg Club - 14.jpeg Club - 15.jpeg Club - 16.jpeg Club - 17.jpeg Club - 18.jpeg Club - 19.jpeg Club - 20.jpeg Club - 21.jpeg Club - 22.jpeg Club - 23.jpeg Club - 24.jpeg Club - 25.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  2. RedGreyRed

RedGreyRed

Jul 27, 2013
    Albany NY
    Wow, looks great with the silver burst. Any interest in trades?

3. DrSteve

Dec 22, 2008
    North Delaware
    Hey RedGreyRed;

Thanks for asking, but I’m just trying to reduce my bass count. So no trades.

4. DrSteve

Dec 22, 2008
    North Delaware
    Bump / Price Drop

5. Dude… that’s the cats meow. Amazing

DrSteve likes this.
  6. DrSteve

Dec 22, 2008
    North Delaware
    Thanks;
    Having second thought. Gigged with it tonight and it sounded amazing and played like butter.

oldandbold and sethlow3 like this.
  7. Butter is what I would imagine it sounds like.

8. DrSteve

Dec 22, 2008
    North Delaware
    Deep, rich, butter.

Genzler combo does help bring out the best.

Gig - 1.jpeg

(I need to learn to stage better shots)

satchelbaglio and sethlow3 like this.
  9. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    She is a beauty!!

10. DrSteve

Dec 22, 2008
    North Delaware
    Thank you.

She is. And sounds even better.

11. DrSteve

Dec 22, 2008
    North Delaware
    Bump / Price Drop 2

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    satchelbaglio likes this.
  12. DrSteve

Dec 22, 2008
    North Delaware
    I guess I'll keep it for a while. I prefer not to ship during the Holiday frenzy.
    Drop me a message if you're interested and I will re-post it in the new year.