1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hofner Fret Buzz - please help.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by soulfool, Apr 14, 2010.

1. soulfool

soulfool

Dec 28, 2009
    I recently put on heavier gauge La Bella flatwound strings on my Hofner Ignition and am getting a buzz from the D & G string from the 8th fret up to the body. I am also getting buzz on the E & A strings but it's happening on these strings at the 12th fret up to the body. I adjusted the bridge height several times, which normally does the trick, but this time I think I need a truss rod adjustment. Given where the buzz is occurring, can anyone recommend which way I should adjust my truss rod (tighten or loosen)?

When I adjust my truss rod I generally am looking down from the top of the guitar, incase that help to know which way to inform me to turn.

Thanks!