1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hofner scribe on the body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Monstertone, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Monstertone

Monstertone

Dec 12, 2017
    I recently received a Hofner violin bass and it has the "Hofner" 20171212_084245. scribe on the headstock and also on the body. Haven't seen another around with the name on the body. Just trying to figure out the model since the truss rod cover is blank.

2. fermata

fermata

Nov 10, 2015
    Mountain West
    That's an Ignition (or Icon, precursor to Ignition) with a few tweaks to 'Germanify' it--the name on the body, the teacup knobs, and the lettering removed from the truss rod cover. Looks good!

3. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Yep, the script and knob were added by a previous owner or the dealer/seller. Hofner doesn't issue them like that.. ;-)

4. Monstertone

Monstertone

Dec 12, 2017
    Thanks very much gentlemen. My first Hofner so I wasn't really sure. I find it extremely light and it will probably stay in the studio but I like it.

5. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    The Ignitions are great little basses. You may want to experiment with non-nylon coated flats on it too. Much fatter and more even. And you can always join the fun at my Hofner FB page. Log into Facebook | Facebook

6. Monstertone

Monstertone

Dec 12, 2017
    Thanks Fran and I'll check out the FB page