1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Hofner Shorty

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mojomike001, Jan 9, 2017.

1. mojomike001

mojomike001 Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2013
    South Florida
    Price:
    Strings:
    Here we have a Hofner Shorty. This is a 30" short scale with an overall length of just 38 inches. It's the perfect travel companion with a weight of just 5 lbs 12 oz. Condition is nearly flawless with the exception of a paint chip near the neck pocket as can be seen in one of the pictures. It comes with the travel bag, the original cable, and the original two hex wrench adjustment tools.

Price: $165.00 OBO including shipping within the Continental US
    Payment via Paypal

2.JPG 1.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  2. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    how does she sound

3. mojomike001

mojomike001 Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2013
    South Florida
    That is a very subjective thing. The pickup is a passive humbucker and the Shorty sounds like a "real" bass.
    Here's a youtube demo:

4. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    Yes thanks - since my last to you I went and found that one and others on You Tube - sure wish this guy knew how to play tho. lol

5. fjadams

fjadams Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    Just love bass demos where there isn't any bass! Let's dime the treble and mids on the amp, turn the bass down to 3 and dime the treble on the bass. Then with a nice set of cheap round wounds it sounds like you'd never have one if given as a present.

6. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    I have found better demos on You Tube - the problem here is not the settings but the player.
    GLWTS