Hohner B Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ACP, Nov 30, 2000.

1. ACP

Nov 30, 2000
    Hi, Iwas just checking out a used Hohner B Bass. I've never played a active bass before and I liked it. Does anyone else know about the B Bass?
  2. AmericanJesus

Nov 30, 2000
    how much?? Solid or hollow?? I have never tried one out but I would love too. Are they sold full scale
  3. ACP

Nov 30, 2000
    It's solid body, through neck, it's used for $200 US.
    Two normal knobs and one that is like a little knob on top of a big knob. A switch for on off with a little red light.
    Black body front and back and back of neck. The bridge is some kind of serious monstrosity(in a good way)that is like gun metal with four knobs and a lever on the top side that when you flip it turns the "E" into a "D", etc.It uses a 9 volt and in the battery compartment it has a little silver box with a adjustment screw that says "high-low". It's all new to me though, I've only been playing a few months and never an active bass.
    The guys I play with are good musicians but they don't play bass so they don't know much about this stuff. Any help would be appreciated.
    Oh yeah, it's 34 scale.

[Edited by ACP on 12-01-2000 at 01:56 AM]
  4. go fo it. $200 is a totral bargain.

my 2nd bass was B-bass, I've still got it at home.

pots = volume per pickup, concentric = active volume & tone.

switch = active/passive

...and that monster bridge is a bit OTT aint it! the down tuner is bloody good tho! The fine tuners are a bit like something from an 80's TV - kind pointless, but you can always remove 'em!

Nice neck, good sound, feels pretty bouncy too!

My only gripe would be that the active electronics went kaputt in mine after a year or two.

They're not especially high quality, but atthat price it beats the pants out of any P-bass copy at the same price!
  5. ACP

Nov 30, 2000
    Thanks guys, I put it on lay away today. Thanks for the info on the knobs too. Ant idea what the little high/low screw in the silver box in the battery compartment is?

Things like that are best left alone, something will go wrong if you fiddle with things that you dont understand.
  7. AmericanJesus

Nov 30, 2000
    go for it, but paint it sunburst. I have only been playing for a year and a half.
  8. ACP

Nov 30, 2000
    Sorry AmericanJesus but sunburst just isn't my style!
    If I was gonna do that I'd have to grow a bushy mustache and wear a little leather captains hat, aviator sunglasses and cowboy boots! Next thing you know your gonna be telling me to get a pick.
    heh-heh, just kidding.
    Thanks for all the great replies.