Hohner B vs. Reverend Rumblefish

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gunnar Þór, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Hohner B-Bass

0 vote(s)
  2. Reverend Rumblefish

8 vote(s)
  1. I need your help on this one. I'm going to get a new bass in the next few days. I've narrowed it down to two choices, a Hohner B-Bass and a Reverend Rumblefish. Both are available for a similar price and I'm split between the two. I'd like your opinion on both of these basses if you have any knowledge of them and to tell me how they hold up long term vise. (For example, I saw a thread where a Rumblefish had split up in two, I don't want to take that kind of risk).

Hohner (Scroll down a bit, it's the one that says Hohner B-Bass V, but it's a four string version of that one)

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Go with the rumblefish. One thing I find irritating about the Hohner is that there's an LED that lets you know the active electronics are working.:rolleyes:
  3. I also think the Rumblefish is the way to go. I can't imagine what had to have occurred for a Rumblefish to split!
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It was dropped.
  5. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Cracked, not split in two! Jeez, it turned into a game of "telephone". Anyway, it's all fixed (thanks Joe) and GET READY TO RUMMMMMBLE!!!! You will love the Rumblefish, they are terrific basses.
  6. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    While I'm sure that the Hohner is a decent bass, I don't believe it has as nice of neck as the Rumblefish. I have a Rumblefish 4. I had a 5, but sold it (only) because I wasn't using 5ers very much.

Great balance, lightweight, incredible jazz-like tone (but a little deeper sounding).

Get the Rumblefish! You won't be sorry!
  7. Definitely get the Rumblefish! They're great basses! You can always install straplocks or see if Joe will do that for you. I love my Rumblefish!:)
  8. Rumblefish all the way baby!!
  9. i've never played a hohner, but...

get a reverend. :D
  10. I have played both, and liked the feel of the Rumblefish a lot better. The Hohners just don't do it for me. I don't like the look, sound, or feel of them. The only reason I don't have a Rumblefish, is that body "finishes" (whatever you want to call them) are a bit to weird for me.