Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hohner B2A Active circuit HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by stretch474, Nov 7, 2003.

1. stretch474

stretch474

Jun 18, 2003
    I have a Hohner B2A bass and have made the huge mistake of removing the electronics without drawing a diagram of how the hell to put it all back together again I have all the components needed just no clue as to how they wire up.

Has anyone got a circuit diagram for the active circuitry or even an idea of what goes where on the board????:confused: :confused:

2. LOL- I did exactly the same thing as you, and 6months later decided to put the circuit back in, and spent weeks figuring out the wiring:D

mine is an early version which has a small circuit board inside a metal can, which fits into the battery compartment on the opposite side of the bass to the control cavity-

and the control cavity is small containing only the pots, switch and output jack.

the later models have everything contained in just one larger cavity.

which type is yours?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I own a Hohner B2A (with detunable bridge),are you putting new pickups in?

4. Magano

Magano

Jan 9, 2006
    Porto
    I have exactly the same problem!I wish I had a wiring diagram,mine has the blue wire loose,so the active circuit doesn't works,do you want to exchange pics of the electrical parts?maybe we can help eachother,if so please mail me.thanks

5. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I've got the B2ADB and it's getting Bill Lawrence EB50's, soon. I have the pickups here. Bass is off getting a fret dress and I've been a bit slack in going to pick it up.