1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Hohner B2B headless P/J Steinberger clone

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ukiah Bass, May 7, 2018.

1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2006
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale only:

Hohner B2B headless Steinberger clone

4 strings, P/J pickups, passive bass with V/V/T controls, 34" scale length

I’ve owned an original Steinberger XL2 and three Spirit clones. I like the Hohner B2B the best because the build quality is FAR superior to the Spirit line and it’s much lighter than the original Steinies. The instrument plays great and sounds great. Which means it’s the perfect travel bass. The B2B is about 25 years old and I’m the second owner. Plenty of “P” growl and very nice tight “J” tone near the bridge. Or mix both to your taste. Strung with double-ball flat wounds.

UPGRADES

Lindy Fralin pickups. I had my luthier install these for a major tonal upgrade over the stock pickups. The Fralins are top drawer handwound pickups. The P pickup is wound about 5% hotter than normal; the J pickup is wound about 10% hot. The boosts make this passive instrument a strong, powerful sound producer. Pickups were installed by my luthier. https://www.fralinpickups.com

Steinberger flip-down leg rest. I installed this two months ago. The bass came with the stock strip of foam padding, which I removed to accommodate the leg rest. STEINBERGER - HeadlessUSA Guitar & Bass - Flip-Down Legrest

CONDITION

This bass is in mostly good-to-very good condition. Frets show virtually no wear as the bass has always been strung with flatwounds and had virtually no playtime (it was a travel bass for me and I rarely travel; the original owner said it was the same for him so the bass has literally lived as a closet dweller). The 1/4 inch jack is solid. The bass has a few wear marks that are mostly hard to photograph except for one on the top/backside of the neck near the fourth fret (photo below). When I bought the bass, there were two tiny bubbles in the gel coat so I sanded them out with ultra fine Micro Mesh. The surface is now smooth to the touch. It would be easy for a luthier to polish the gel coat.

EXTRAS

Ritter RGS7 Headless Bass MGB gig bag

I bought this two years ago from Thomann Music in Germany. Ultra rugged. Padded. Pouches to carry what you need. And best of all, TWO shoulder straps for a balanced carry on your back instead of over just one shoulder. Why is this important? Try the one shoulder carry though miles of airports, streets, and other obstacles of travel and you’ll know why! https://www.thomannmusic.com/ritter_rgs7_headless_bass_mgb.htm

Peak Music Stand customized for Steinberger and clone basses

Folds up into a tiny package with carry pouch.

Status Hot Wire strings (new condition, used briefly to try out the tone)
    • Double Ball Half-Wound
    • Double-Ball Black Nylon Tape Wound
    Price: Everything is $525 shipped CONUS, PayPal only. Thanks for looking!

Hohner-1.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
  3. Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Sold somewhere else. Thanks for looking.