Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MateuszCh, Jan 28, 2006.

1. I have Hohner BBas VI and I am very satisfied with this bass. Did you ever had one? What do you think about it.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I didnt have that exact model but i did own a Hohner at one point in time. I thought it was a well constructed bass. Definitely better than a lot of stuff in the price range.
  3. I've got a B Bass VI. It is fantastic to play, but the preamp sucks. The pickups are good, I've changed the preamp to an EMG BQC Control. It's transformed it. The finish on the hardware doesn't seem that durable but for the UK price, it rocks!

4. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    doesn't Jo Jo Garza of Los Lonely Boys play one?
  5. demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    I got one good bass tried it side by side with a Carvin 6 and this one was less and played better I recently made mine fretless and have also swapped out the preamp to a basslines 3 band sounds good overall a well made easy playing bass with a decent price
  6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    My first 6 string.. Very good bass for the money.. The interior of the control cavity was a nightmare of wires and electronic components which made changing the battery a risky undertaking.. Also I wasnt too fond of the bridge.. Made changing strings a pain.

Other than that it was a great playing and sounding bass!!