1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Hohner BBass IV~Minty~ALL STEALTH BLACK~LOOK!! Steinberger Drop-D bridge(Awesome)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xhawk5, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    "The B-Bass is the professional's choice - premium hardware, neck-thru contruction, and incredible sound are all with in your reach with the Hohner B-Bass."

NOW FOR TRADE.. 5 STRING BASSES ONLY. OFFERS??

This was one of two 4 stringers I bought this year. I wanted to make a STEALTH ALL BLACK bass with a drop-d function, neck-thru and smaller-body than the basic shape Fender. I already have a BBass V Pro, older and all Mahogany as my main player, so this maker fit the bill.

This bridge is NOT a knockoff, but the real deal from Steinberger. It is by far the best bridge out there and much easier to use compared to a headstock drop key. FINE TUNING knobs help get perfect intonation. I hate to part with it!

Intonation and action is excellent. Set-up with A $40.00 set of DR EXTRA LIFE BLACK BEAUTIES, 45-105. I took a marker and gently lined-out the pickup markings. They are single coil EMG passive Jazz pups and sound great with the combo of strings, preamp, and wood selection. They "GROWL like a beast" with the best of 'em.

Check out the pics. VERY SHINY, but it's raining today and I can't get the best shots. These will do just fine. NO scratches or dings but a very few clear coat lines from polishing too much, lol. NOT NOTICEABLE. No fingernail rash from popping and no buckle rash. Only has about 30 hrs use, at my smoke-free home. Never gigged, only practiced.

Specs can be found HERE. They seem a 'lil off, (Hardware) but are mostly correct with measurements.
    Video and sound clips by Donald Waugh HERE and HERE
    Reviews from Harmony Central HERE.
    WEIGHT is a perfect 8.5lbs

IMG_1439.

Active/Passive switch has an added LED for active operation.
    IMG_1445.

Standard tuning...
    IMG_1447.

Quick flip, right hand Drop-D
    IMG_1448.

Stealth
    IMG_1440.

2 strap pins for quick strap change or connect both for safety, as I do.
    IMG_1449.

Rear shot...
    IMG_1450.

Adjustable gain preamp...
    IMG_1453.

IMG_1443.

IMG_1454.

This bass NEEDS to move as well as the other in my sig. I'm only asking [DEL]$450[/DEL] NOW FOR TRADE.. 5 STRING BASSES ONLY. OFFERS??
    ~

2. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Oh, wow, check out this Video and sound clip, 6 mins worth.

3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Had some questions... Here's some answers:
    This model was manufactured in Korea in 2004 at a MSRP of $875.00 USD. It was a blem and sat for all those years w/o a bridge, keys or attention. I bought it, Installed the factory bridge and keys. Could not find the blem. But I waxed it well and found some bubble wrap marks on the rear, which came off easily.
    Trussrod works perfectly in both directions. Tried 3 diff sets of strings. The Black Beauties bring the heavy growl. Adjust the very nice preamp go from a thumpy, early Jack Bruce to a Slappin' fool like Flea.
    With bass at around 6, treb around 4 the bass sounds EXACTLY like Shinedowns bass in "Save Me" I use fingerstyle and still get that tone perfectly. (Turn up the volume!)

Oh, I'm selling these two 4 bangers in my sig to fund one 5 string.

4. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    bump

5. One of the best values currently on TB bump.

6. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Thx Woodman, you know...!!

NOW FOR TRADE.. 5 STRING BASSES ONLY. OFFERS??

7. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    TTT

8. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    This one is closed. Changes and a New thread HERE...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.