1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hohner Steinberger B2A Outputs?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Seathal, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Seathal

Seathal

Jan 20, 2011
    I bought a 1987 Hohner (Licensed by Steinberger) B2A. 4 strings, Active/Passive EMG Select Humbucker pickups.

What's got me bothered is the output. It has a 1/4 jack output and a XLR output. Do you know by chance if the 1/4 output is a TS or a TRS? Is it needed for the Humbuckers to be efficient? (mine has a humming noise when not pressing the strings at the passive setting) Does the XLR provide a Low Impedance Balanced signal, as in a DI? How is a XLR or TRS/balanced output from an instrument supposed to be connected to the unbalanced input of an amp or a stompbox?

Also, as a side thing. What's the most popular/best way to use straps and straplocks with these kind of bass? The upper lock is located in a rather unconventional and non-practical spot.

2. number11

number11

Jun 17, 2010
    The 1/4 output is whatever a standard jack is.

The XLR is like a DI

As for the strap button issue, thats a function of using the small body without the strap pivot of the real Steinbergers.

The best soilution is to buy a Synapse strap hook.