1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hola! <3

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by lalaXfirestorm, Dec 25, 2011.

1. lalaXfirestorm

lalaXfirestorm

Dec 25, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Hey there! I'm a bassist, 25, F, from the Boston area and in a couple of bands and just wanna say hi ! I'm primarily looking for information on basses with a tremolo bar... I've been researching this and any good info on this seems pretty hard to come by... Anyone on here know of any good ones that come with the tremolo bar already installed on it or do you have to put it on yourself... i have only seen that of which you have to install it yourself n I would be concerned about tuning issues that would be associated with the modification... but really want one!! Any info you guys may have I would greatly appreciate!!! Especially if there is one I could just order online thats already installed !!!

Thanks and look forward to chatting with you all in the future !!!

xolaurenox
    :bassist:
    \m/

2. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    Hi. A friend of mine had a really nice Carvin he had ordered with a Kahler about 18 or 20 years ago. I remember the bass played and sounded great. Unfortunately that bass was lost when his apartment was broken into in Austin. He was really broken up over that bass. That's been my only experience with them. I've also considered putting one on one of my basses, but have been a little reluctant because I don't know who I would trust to cut into one of my basses...

3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    tremolo bars???? :confused:EEK!!!:(

4. You'll be very hard pressed to find a bass with a tremolo on it... ...and tuning will be an issue no matter if it comes pre installed or if you add it... Kahler used to make one, I think Hipshot still makes one... Www.hipshotproducts.com...

Your best bet would be to get a bass with a really stiff neck on it and have a local luthier install it for you... A neck made of wenge, bubinga, or a multi-piece neck, or one with graphite reinforcement would be best... American fenders, warwicks, and Ibanez basses are what I'm thinking of...

Good luck!