1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hola from Mexico!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by marthz, Aug 25, 2012.

1. marthz

marthz

Apr 8, 2011
    Toluca, Mexico
    So, I finally overcame my fears and started taking bass guitar lessons a few weeks ago.

My name's Martha and I'm a 21-year-old female from Mexico. :bassist:

I had this horrible fear of being too old to learn how to play an instrument, because the people in my life said I was. That made me feel really insecure. But this was my dream and I wanted to fulfill it, and reading from you, guys, helped a lot: people taking up the bass in their 40s, 50s and so on, not caring about what the others had to say... inspiring stuff.

As of now, everything's going better than expected. Both my teachers of music theory and bass guitar say I'm a fast learner (f*ck yeah!) and being classmate with kids isn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be haha! I leave that place with a big smile on my face.

That's it. I like this forum already and hope we all can learn lots from each other.

Cheers,

Martha

PS. I apologize in advance if my English is not very good.