Holiday Goodies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by moxnix9, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Hey Fellow Bassists,
    The holidays are coming and I don't know what to put on my list. I feel a little greedy seeing as this is my current arsenal:

Fender American P-bass
    Reverend PJ Rumblefish
    Carvin Kit Bass
    Ampeg B2R
    Ampeg SVT-410HLF
    Ampeg B-15R (practice amp!)
    Not to mention the beautiful double bass I got for my birthday.

Now, I know little about preamps but if someone could give the basics I could find interest. Maybe even give me a few fitting preamps. Here's my low down (hehe):

I play punk music but use only my onboards and B2R EQ.
    I don't even have a rack for my head, guess I'd need one if I got a preamp.
    I basically go with a more treble setting, NOT ALL treble just more but I like the rumble too. Always enjoy the punchiness of my sound.
    I do a lot of on stage theatrics since I rarely sing so maybe a good wireless?

Please give me some ideas. If you could tell me the good, the bad, the bargains, you know, that stuff you're all experts on. I would like to get something for my arsenal but I don't know what I need (any sort of amp protection internally?). I thank you. Peace+love.
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    a good wireless costs a LOT.
    if you are happy wirth your sound i wouldn't get a preamp
    if your amp can power another cabinet (e.g., if your amp can handle a 4 ohm load and your current cabinet is 8 ohms), maybe another cabinet like an 8 ohm 210 for smaller gigs (and you could use both for big gigs)
  3. Thanks for the advice. That sparked another desire though. Well that and thinking about my dad's old bass. Does anyone know of someone or some company that can PROFESSIONALLY paint a symbol on my Fender. I'm talking high end, never coming off, looking like the coolest thing ever? I would like to put the symbol on the front somehow...anyone know?