1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

holiday play

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bmason81, Jan 16, 2012.

1. bmason81

bmason81

Jul 7, 2010
    O.k. so I drove all the way to school today for my piano class just to find out that it's MLK day and the campus is a ghost town, so I went to the nearest music store to try out some basses, two sterling by mm 5 strings, marcus miller jazz, fender precision delux, mustang bass, yamaha with and hh configuration and a billy sheenan sig model. the marcus miller and the fender precision were definately not what I was after way to hi fi and clinical for my tastes. the music man 5 strings were great although everytime I play a low B it does not sound right to me. The bass that was the biggest suprise was the Billy Sheenan model by yamaha, great playability fast neck, with fat tone from the pickup configuration split P with what looked like two single coils right above the split P. If you ever get the chance give on a shot, I did and was greatly suprised. Thanks for listening the rant

2. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    :confused:

3. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Opposites much?

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    You seriously didn't know schools were closed today?

5. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    That was a rant? :confused:

6. bmason81

bmason81

Jul 7, 2010
    Lets just say I live on North Shore Oahu, and smoke too much chronic