1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hollow-body basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mainsale, Jul 30, 2000.

1. mainsale

mainsale

Apr 20, 2000
    I have a Hofner Beatle bass and a Guild Starfire II bass, as well as other solid body basses. Hollow bodies work better for me, and produce a richer, fuller bass tone. I want to add more hollowbody's to my collection, and would like your recomendations.

2. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    I have the Casady bass and love it.Epi has a couple others worth looking at.If you have a pile of money,Lakland has a new one now or soon to be released.Theres a post of misc NAMM pics at the FDP showing some others that are coming out.Yamaha,Arai,Etc.Seems like theres a good bit of renewed interest in these.With GOOD reason!

3. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Look for a Guild M-85 Bluesbird bass. It's much smaller than the full-bodied versions, and is a lot of fun to play. It looks a lot like a Les Paul (I posted a pic in the Show Us Your Bass topic). I know there's one up on Ebay for about $400 right now.

4. Interesting post.....my wife's been at me to get myself a Hofner Beatle bass. Have any of you hollow players (oops, the basses, not you guys) experienced feedback problems? As a guitarist, I often encountered unmusical feedback when playing a Gibson 335 at volume.....and are there any other downsides you can recall? I'm actually thinking about a fretless Hofner; I think the violin shape of the body would look really cool with a fretless neck.

Cheers

John