1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Hollow P-bass Body - US Custom Guitars (USCG)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Metropolis_488, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Price:
    $125 shipped CONUS.

This is a nice light weight Alder body - about 3 lbs, 12 oz (fully assembled bass was 7 lbs 6 oz).

Finished in nitro. Includes the custom pickguard (cost me $80 from WD) and Control Plate (cost me $50 from guitarpartsresource.com).

The is very much a project body - I have routed it a few times for different bridge pickups, then filled with Alder and repainted. Up close, you can notice the seams (picture below exaggerates them). I took a picture from about 2 feet away while the bass was still fully assembled to illustrate that you really don't notice them unless you already know they are there. There are also some ugly routes under the pick-guard that have not been filled.

Great sounding body - very woody tone. The MM route is in the exact Stingray location and the Jazz Bass neck pickup is in the exact standard Fender location. I just am really a P-bass guy and didn't want to do surgery on this guy again.

Great buy if 1) you are ok with some minor cosmetic blems or 2) want to try your hand at some sanding and refinishing

IMG_1371.JPG

Up close - the seams are capturing the light just right to really accentuate them (hey, full disclosure)
    IMG_1377.JPG

pudge and Jones64 like this.
  2. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    If I didn't have a dozen unfinished projects. I would jump on this. Looks really fun and felxible.

3. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Really cool and unique. How did you have it wired up? Imagine a preamp and battery isn't going to fit in there.

4. Actually, it's hollow - a preamp and battery will have more than enough room in it.

I wired it V/V/V - one for each coil.

5. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Cool

Any chance of pics of what the control cavity and hollow spot look like?

Would the MM route be deep enough to accommodate a quad coil setup?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021