Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Holly Crap! Joe Lovano.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Farin, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    I would just like to share a little story/encounter I had this weekend...
    So, Joe Lovano did a show with the Cleveland Jazz Orchestra at the Cleveland Bop Stop this weekend, and I found out I could get tickets for a closed rehersal night, for $5, through my college, which was cool. But they over sold the student night, and I was informed even thought I bought my tickets, that I probably wouldn't get in the door because there was only room for 170 and they sold 250 tickets! So, I decided to take a shot, and go on the second night, to see if I could get in the door with the cheap $5 tickets (regular tickets were $50).
    They let me in, and man did that show rock! But the best part was at intermission, Joe was headed towards the bar to get a drink, and I happened to be standing talking to one of my friends. Joe approached us, shook our hands, and thanked us for coming out, and he thought it was cool young lads like us were into Jazz. Afterwards, we hung out with him and talked a few. Wow, what an awsome guy! So cool and down to earth, and not to mention a world class player! I wish more cats were like Joe, the world would be a little better....
    Here's a picture I took with my crappy camera phone, I got a picture with Joe, I'll post it when I get it.

Attached Files: