Holy **** 11 strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by belair57, Apr 23, 2001.

1. wow! i cant even play 4 strings, much less 11
  2. Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    Its a .....Drum roll please.......Super mega awsome cool gigantic unltra deluxe bassarama bass.
  3. Well, technically, it's not a bass. It's it's own class of instrument similar to the Chapman Stick. They're damn cool though. :D

Here's my Warr which I never play because it's too hard to play correctly sitting down:

- Dave
  4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Uh...JT??? That's even more than yours:p (On a single neck, anyway;))
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Got lucky over the weekend. Check out my new axe:

Gotta work on my muting;)
  6. wow that is great looking brad, is it just me or is that a fretless?

7. No kidding, Dave. It doesn't take much to figure out, it's a surfboard with strings!

I just have to know..... why?
  8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I don't need no stinkin' frets...or lines either. Come to think of it, necks are for sissies.

Slap that thang!
  9. hey XG what happening, have you ever head of the Chapman Stick, it is kind of like that, Tony Levin plays one. (guessing you know him) bassicly a piano with a strap, you play it with both hand pushing the strings down instead of plucking.

check out www.stick.com
    there are some pretty cool players that can play these. you can get a bass line with one hand and chords with the other.
  10. Basically, it's a bass and a guitar on one neck. You play it by tapping the notes down onto the fretboard with both hands. It's a very difficult instrument to play but the results can be amazing.

I recommend checking out Greg Howard's site at:

for some Chapman Stick material.

- Dave
  11. LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000

One question: roundwounds or flatwounds?

Nice "axe!"
  12. I was kidding. Actualy, a good friend of mine has one of those 'stringed surfboards' (his is a 10-string), and I am always amazed when I see him playing it. His isn't a Chapman Stick, and I can't recall what brand his is, but it is one ugly beast. Mind you, the Warr on e-bay doesn't strike me as the prettiest thing in the world either, but that's my opinion.
  13. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I do six clusters of three strings (SS rounds in the middle, tape wound upper, Nickel rounds lower, one SS flat high G+ at the upper end).

For some reason GHS won't offer this as a standard set. Go figure.

Do ya think Dean Markley might?
  14. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Sounds like a bass no one shy of the infamous POWER RANGERS would use. hehe ;)
  15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    It's also a leftie. I wonder why people bother to bid $5 on the darn thing.

Will C.:cool:
  16. BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Umm...wow...I mean...damn...I feel the sudden need to buy a Farrari.
  17. basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC

yea but it looks like its strung for a right handed player cus the low strings are on the left. the controls might be on the top (when played) so he doesnt have to reach about 1324 ft to get the them at the bottom
  18. It's not a lefty; all right-handed Warr Guitars look that way. The "lower horn" is extended so that it balances properly for touchstyle playing.