Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Holy bass body!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mw, May 23, 2003.

1. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    I guess it makes the bass lighter.....

:meh:

2. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

1.How is that a Fender Jazz body, but it has a PJ pickup configuration?
    2. Am I on drugs, or is that the stupidest thing to do to a body? Or is that some kind of modification that I've never heard of?

I was always taught to respect a musical instument. No banging on the piano in my parents' house.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its looks to me that its actually an 80's Jazz bass special.

What I find really funny is tha the guy keeps talking about the "wholes" in the bass when it is very far from being whole.

Peace
    Thor

4. Wouldn't those holes kill the sustain etc. Plus I bet it makes it sound a lot thinner, but the weight must be nice.

5. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    I've seen worse stuff... Actually, I kinda liked it

As for the sustain, take a look here

6. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    "someone has drilled wholes in it,,they did a very nice job"

This statment made me chuckle.......at least they did a nice job.:D

7. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    from that site:
    this makes me think of a simpsons episode regarding "speed holes" on a car...

8. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    :D:D

9. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    can you imagine when whoever butchered that body came up with the idea. "hey, why don't i drill lotsa big holes in a bass body and sell it on ebay"
    I'd hopefully have realised right then how stupid this sounded poor bass:bawl:

10. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Oh man. That's just wrong! I wonder what color the sky is in his world.

11. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    yah, sorry to say it, but I kinda like it too. Maybe someday I'll do that to a $h1++y squier or something, just for fun. wouldn't try to sell it though.....that's kinda stupid. Not for a serious instrument, but maybe for some sorta stage bass....dunno what kind of music it'd go with though....but oh well.

12. well, it was up for bid for 31 bucks, so you cant imagine any better i suppose. and the paintjob on the back isnt even finished.

13. I love that episode. I started drilling into an old gas tank at work. One of the guys asked what I was doing.

I just told him I was putting speed holes in the bike. Talk about wierd looks! Man, I just had the biggest chuckle from that. Gas tank was already in the trash. No probs there.

14. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    By the title of this thread I thought this bass body was going to be religous in nature.;)

Sorry I couldn't help myself........

GS

15. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    It's not that bad, I'd probably keep it around just as a beater bass. I don't think I could gig with it, one show and it would be toothpicks.

16. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Must be one o' them there Swiss basses.