Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Holy Bass Strings Batman!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Rockgurl, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Rockgurl

Rockgurl

Dec 17, 2004
    CT, USA
    I've just been endorsed by Rotosound strings and Shure microphones! I'm also going to be on the cover of Bassics magazine This is too unreal. Finally stuff starts happening. I just quit my job last week and now we are "in talks" with a major label. Wow...let me tell you, once it starts happening it's like a whirlwind! I think I need to sit down! [​IMG]

2. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    WTG, you!!!
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Well let me be the second to congratulate you. Congratulations!

4. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    thats very cool!!! I wish the best for you!!!

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    So I guess you need to redesign your website ;)

Congrats!

6. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    How extremely cool! Congrats! :D

'rick

7. Congratulations. One of my students (yeah, I teach lessons on the side, under the table, trying to make ends meet any way I can) just moved to NY (Brooklyn!) and I'm trying to convince her to make time to pick up the bass again. It seems to me that female bassists, while they are often really cool, interesting people who love the instrument and play with devotion, dedication and diligence, just don't get the kind of media attention they so very much deserve. Maybe (hopefully) that's beginning to change. You're definitely one of the vanguard, and you deserve all the free stuff they'll throw at you for that-- keep it up! Oh and hey-- just noticed you're from CT. I was born and bred in the Elm City, and I've been living here full time since 1999. So we have something else in common. Who knew? Again, congrats, and best of luck with your new, free (jealous jealous jealous... ok, better now) gear.

8. Rockgurl

Rockgurl

Dec 17, 2004
    CT, USA
    I know, huh! [​IMG]

Psst! Don't tell anyone but I still have a packet of DR strings in my bass case!

9. Rockgurl

Rockgurl

Dec 17, 2004
    CT, USA
    Thank you to everyone and your good wishes. I agree that female bass players don't seem to get enough deserved attention, but I hope to be able to get our visibility out there a little more and be an inspiration to other women out there who might like to try an instrument. I've been playing music for my whole life and I never thought I couldn't do it thanks to supportive parents, so the earlier someone can start the better, but it's never too late. The thing about my band being all-female is that we have so much dedication and drive it's amazing. We have so much more to prove being female and trying to get noticed and that makes you try to be the best you can be. Here's proof that if you keep trying it will eventually come.

CT is a cool place. I've only been here a year but things are going really well since I got here!

10. Just adding my congratulations! That's all very cool.

11. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    Very well done :) It's always great to see constructive members of this board (like there's any other type) do well. Hopefully your talks go well. Keep us updated :)

12. Nova

Nova

Apr 19, 2002
    Williamstown, WV
    Congrats!

13. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    You go gurl! :bassist:

14. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Congradu f'n lations :D

15. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Congratulations!

Have some New Haven pizza for me.

Marshall

16. It's always awesome to hear about things like this happening to members of the TB family.

Congratulations!! :bassist:

17. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    Cool! Congratulations.

18. Congrats from a fellow COnnecticuter

19. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Congrats!

20. thats really cool! congrads, and best of luck for the future!!!
    :)

p.s... you single? :ninja: :D