Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Holy Bovine!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Here I am watching the History Channel when I hear this truck motor rumbling in front of my house. Later the doorbell rings, and it's this guy in a brown uniform holding a big box. I open it, and it's one of those Essex 62 Jazz bass clones! I mentioned that I'd like to get one and modify it to my wife about 2 months ago, and she got it without telling me. Just when I was going to leave her for Tiffany Towers, she up and does this! :D

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    That the same wife that wouldn't let you hang out for hours and hours at Bass Central??? ;)

...can I borrow her for a few days? :D

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Does your wife have a sister?

Congrats on the new bass.

4. What, is your name 'Sting' too? :eek: :D

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    That'd be she! I know why she got this one. When I told her what I'd like to do, she wanted to know what I meant by "cheap Jazz copy", so I sent her Rondo's link. After that, I'd forgotten about it. Hmmmmmm, I wonder what would happen if I dropped a Sadowsky hint..........;)

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Mark Eshbaugh is going to put one his pre amps in it, and I'm going with a BadAss bridge and better p'ups. Other than that, this is one helluva bass for $119.

7. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I like my Essex too! Great value for the $

My wife is cool too! 2 days ago she bought me a Leslie!!! It's one of the Wurlitzer clones so I might have trouble finding the right preamp, but it's got a 215 watt tube amp. :) Trying to get it to work w/ an instrument level signal will be a fun project.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Leslies rock!

9. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Make em say ugghhh!!! na na na na!!

10. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Your dangling modifiers are showing!

:eek:

;)

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    LOL!! :D

12. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Okay, that's it.. Flag on the play. Woodchuck is penalized 5 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

First you get your mug plastered all over Warwick literature, then you just happen upon an Eshenbaugh while almost simultaneously ordering a Sei . Now all of a sudden you have basses just droppin' in on you from outta nowhere?? Purchased by your wife???

If a bass showed up at my house with my wife's name on the shipping/order form I'd immediately check under the bed for the pod:D

My wife's gonna be in Atlanta for a sorority conference. Any chance we can get them to hook up so Mrs. W'Chuck could impart the finer virtues of bass buyin'?

Okay, I'll end this jealous rant. You fortunate canine.

Peace,

James

13. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Hey woodchuck, a while ago someone was selling a Badass II at harmony central for $25 with two sets of saddles (one slotted, one not.)

How does it compare to a mexi-jazz?

Is there anywhere i could try one out? :D

14. Good Deal, I'm waiting for that big brown truck myself.

I ordered an essex SJB-62 on Sunday. What color did you get?

I got the black, but almost got the lake placid blue.

I can't wait til it gets here!

15. wabbit_slayer

wabbit_slayer

Jul 9, 2002
    :) I am awaiting my essex SJB62 to get here It should be here on the 22nd of this month.

I got the black too :D

16. Got my Essex earlier this week, search for the thread Big Brown Truck :D

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    How nice are these things? I'm really looking into a P to soup up...Particularly if the neck pockets are the same as Fender neck pockets...

(The idea, use the cheap Essex body, put a killer bridge, new pups, pre-amp, and a Warmoth neck on it. You can't get a nice paited body for 109...)

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Whoa.

When I first read the post I coulda sworn it said Elrick!

I thought that was tsrange considering the whole vintage jazz copy thing, but then it hit me.

Still a killer bass though.

Peace
    Nick

19. wabbit_slayer

wabbit_slayer

Jul 9, 2002
    6 more days Ive already went to Guitar Center and got a Kaces 111 gig bag $20.00,a Fender thum rest $6.00,and a levy's black & White Checkerd strap $12.00:D