Holy cow, those Music Man SUBs look mightily tasty!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phxlbrmpf, Aug 4, 2003.

1. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002

Anyone ever played one? Do they sound as Stingray-like as they look? Also, does anyone happen to know whether Music Man is planning on making lefty/5-string SUBs? Thanks in advance.
  2. HighestGround

May 10, 2003
    Do a search, there have been a few topics on this subject..
  3. I tried one the other day at my local GC and was not to pleased with it. It sounded ok, but I was not very crazy about the super plastic feeling from the neck or the body, and the metalic textured pick guard did not please me a whole lot. Other than that, it sounded reasonable, not 100% like a stingray, atleast by my ear. But for the money, it is a fairly good buy and I am sure they will be releasing a lefty model soon, if they haven't already. You may want to take at a look at some other 5 stringers in that price range, like Schecters.
  4. As far as I know the SUB is only a 4 string bass.
  5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I think you gotta go Bongo if you want a 5. Or the SR5. But those cost alot more than a SUB
  6. sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    I just played another with active electronics on Friday and then plugged in a SR5 afterwards and man, I was not impressed with the sound at all. Maybe it was a bad axe because when they first came out I could not tell the difference in tone from a SR4 and a SUB.
  7. I have one for sale for 450.00 if anyone is interested,one month old.
  8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    sd..a sr4 is a different bass than a sr5..a sr5 is really a sterling......:D