1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Holy Cow !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Barkless Dog, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Billy Sheehan's new CD.

Billy & Billy- Billy Gibbons playing kicks arse on the one song he plays on.

From Amazon
    Sheehan pulled in top-notch arsenal with guest performances by Billy Gibbons on A Lit l Bit l Do It To Ya Ev ry Time , Paul Gilbert (who played with Sheehan in Mr Big) on Dynamic Exhilarator , Dug Pinnick (Kings-X) on the song Turning Point as well as Ray Luzier on drums and shred master Tony MacAlpine.

So far it sounds it sounds great, some mediocre songs. Will have to listen more.

Anyone else listen to it yet?

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    not yet, thanks for reminding me.

3. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Listen to it more. The song Cell Towers is amazing. Great effort in that he concentrates on making the song the most important thing, but uses his chops in the song writing, much like Return to Forever did, but in a more rock vein.

I also love the two bass focused songs where it is pretty much just bass & drums with a little rythem guitar thrown in. To me, Billy has matured greatly on this disc. Still unmistakable Billy, but a few surprises, like the use of a bass synth pedal & ofcoarse the guest apperances that are well used. Like Compression, its not him just masterbating on bass, that people always label his playing from his early days.

The Billy Gibbons song is worth buying this CD alone!

Billy can keep up with Billy

One or two meadiocre "just songs" where I believe Billy is not that great of a singer to carry a typical song. He's not bad, but not great.

4. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Just got it today and am digging it for the most part...more than previous releases anyway.

4/18 update: REALLY digging it!!! One of my complaints of some of his previous stuff were the vocals, but he does have a pretty good voice...and there are more instrumental tracks, which kick ass!

5. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    This CD ROCKS!