holy CRAP!! Accugroove el WHAPPO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by davepack, Nov 13, 2004.

1. davepack

davepack Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Just got home with my new el Whappo! This thing is UNBELIEVABLE!! When I played through it in the store, my drummers jaw dropped (along with mine!!).
    I finally found my perfect cab!!
    Gotta go wake up the neighbors...
    later bass players
  2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    costly arent they .. ?
  3. CurbowPete

Aug 28, 2004
    Welcome to the club! The El Whappo is an amazing piece of equipment. I don't know where I would be without mine!

4. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Finding the perect cab for *you* is pretty much priceless IMHO.
  5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000

While I still use my EA, Epifani and Bergantino cabs, my Whappo Jr. is usually the choice when a single-cab, lightweight load-in with killer sound is what I want!
  6. +2 ...you can't put a price on teh s3x t0ne
  7. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Shouldn't the post be titled "holy crappo" :D
  8. wildsponge

Oct 21, 2004
    Novato, CA
    could you post a review and describe the sound being as I will probably never hear one
  9. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ive heard NOTHING but great things about this cab. A little pricey for me still especially considering i have found THAT sound for my current situation but its def on my wish list a bit down the road. Im glad you found something you love that is priceless.
  10. A fellow TBer in the UK tried an Whappo jr at the weekend in London and was really really impressed with it. It was a pity that he was not looking for a new cab at the moment.

But hey, I think most of us would agree that life would be a bit duller if there was no GAS around :D .

Accugroove rocks :bassist:

Regards and welcome to the "Groove Club"

11. danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida

I don't think they're unreasonably priced, but even if they were, it's worth it. I got to use an El Whappo, Jr. for three months last year, and it's definitely my next cabinet (I would already have one if my EV B-410 didn't treat me so well....)
  12. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Hey did you get that from Gary at guitarx? I was in the store jamming on a Lakland bass a week or two ago and someone was picking up an Accugroove cab. He asked me if he could plug me into it to see if it worked. I was just wondering if that was you... :D
  13. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Signs point to a Junior in my future. Soon. Very soon. :hyper:
  14. mgbass

Mar 31, 2004
    Northern KY
    I have had an El Wappo for almost 2 years and from the day I laid my eyes on that cab at the NAMM show I was GASSED!!!

This cab rips it, I have had them all and this box does it all.
    You are going to change the way you play and the way the band plays.
  15. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Yeah I am craving an El Wappo Jr to go along with my new thunderfunk. Just gotta be able to work up the cash as they are kind of pricey cabs.
  16. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    While the El Whappo is not the lightest cabinet in the world, it’s not the heaviest either. For your dining & entertainment pleasure, I’ve included a few (obviously not all) of our competitor’s cabinets to help put things into perspective.

While these are all good cabs, many of our El Whappo owners say that they have replaced two of these cabs with just one El Whappo; your mileage my very. ;)

Hope this helps,
    AccuGroove's New Web Site!

94 lbs. AccuGroove El Whappo
    98 lbs. Aguilar GS410
    116 lbs. Aguilar GS410
    122 lbs. Ampeg BXT 410HL4
    128 lbs. Ampeg PR-410HLF
    110 lbs. Ampeg SVT-410HLF
    115 lbs Ampeg SVT-610HLF
    96 lbs. Bag End Q10BX-D
    95 lbs. Bergantino HT322
    95 lbs. Bergantino NV425
    98 lbs. Bergantino NV610
    98 lbs. Eden D410XLT
    95 lbs. EDEN D410XST
    115 LBS. SWR Goliath Senior
    102 lbs. SWR 12-Stack
  17. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I like your new website.
    Just curious if you've ever run a WGrande + WJr + Tri210 together and if so, how does it sound compared to the more conventional AG setups?
  18. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    First let me say that you are a sick man…;)

I have run the Whappo Grande, Whappo Jr. & Tri 210L paired with all of our cabs. However, I have not run all 3 together. If you had a stereo power amp you could switch the Tri 210L to 8 Ohms & pair it with the Grande for a 4 Ohm load & then run the Jr. at 4 Ohms through the other channel. Although this would be way over kill…it would be absolutely amazing.

Currently I have all the cabs in stock accept for the Jr. Since we are building another batch starting next week, I’d be happy to try out this configuration.

When Bill Dickens came out 2 years ago he did a gig with a rig consisting of a Whappo Grande, El Whappo & Whappo Jr. They were all lying on their sides on top of one another. It was powered by a Crest CA9 & a Millennia STT-1 preamp. We used custom cables to match the impedance for the amp.

Do I need to say how scary that sounded?

AccuGroove's New Web Site!
  19. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    You're not the 1st to tell me that.

That would be appreciated.
    Maybe three channels would be more appropriate...

I can only try to imagine.
  20. chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    An El Whappo is on my Christmas wish list. I borrowed one for a gig, and even my wife agreed I sounded better than ever that night!

For me, "overkill" is an El Whappo next to a pair of Acme Low B-2s, all driven by a PLX 2402. Like a crackhead, I can't wait for my next fix of that drug!