1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Holy Crap!!! (Depth Charge content)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vegas532, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    This is not a sarcastic question. I'm kind of a pedal noob. What makes this so special?

3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

IIRC isn’t it mostly a very aggressive bass fuzz ?

vegas532 likes this.
  4. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    They sound AMAZING, are totally discontinued, and apparently are surging in popularity.

A couple of Depth Charge tones:

5. Eep... I love the depth charge... but yeah not at that price!!

vegas532 likes this.
  6. So it's a brassmaster clone with some tweaks? Sounds close to my Iron Ether Oxide, not ever selling that one either!

vegas532 likes this.
  7. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Actually, it’s much closer to a modified Superfuzz than a Brassmaster.

Musicman1901 likes this.
  8. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Company is gone, so it’s for real. I have clone and a real one. The clones are good but not nearly as good as the original.

Back in 2015 I was in the works to buy schematics and rights from Jack and he just all of a sudden stopped responding to me. :( I liked him and I’m not sure what the hell happened.

If anyone knows his contact info now, that’d be awesome. I’d totally put more out there.

9. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    It’s a pedal that REALLY needs to be out there!

10. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    In the second vid, is that Justin Meldal-Johnson?

vegas532 likes this.
  11. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    In both clips, actually.

Matt Dean and songwriter21 like this.
  12. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Didn't watch the first clip much...was blown away by the second clip, though. :thumbsup:

vegas532 likes this.
  13. depth3-.

Assuming this image is accurate it doesn't look like any unusual/expensive components. Definitely far simpler than a Brassmaster build. Should be easy enough to do a 1:1 clone that sounds exactly the same though I didn't see a layout or schematic in a quick Google search. Might have to dig deeper on the DIY forums.

14. Mmm, my two favorite fuzzes...

theunknowndude and vegas532 like this.
  15. Anyone got a schematic for this thing? Just GFGI'd it and came up empty...

16. bass08053

bass08053

May 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    You guys are making me want to break mine out again. I got it really cheap when they were still made years ago from a guy who I trusted implicitly when he said “buy this, buy that.” Wouldn’t ever sell it. Just like if someone wants to sell me a way huge piercing moose, I won’t sell that either.

vegas532 likes this.
  17. I didn't look too hard but I didn't see one either. Clones exist though so it is probably out there somewhere. Looks like a pretty simple circuit.

basscapes likes this.
  18. May have to just stick with my Earthtone Pi (Russian Muff kinda-a-clone). Sounds similar, but not quite there...

19. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    it doesn't matter, the post office will lose it anyway and nobody will ever get to play it

20. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Schematic is out there. I know a guy who’s making the clones. However, again, it just doesn’t sound the same to me. I’m not sure why. I can try and post clips.