Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

holy crap...that's some GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderx55, Aug 29, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Ok, so i trekked over to Ludlow guitars in NYC today to check out the new ashdown evoII rig. like a good salesman, the dude asked me what kinda bass i played and then informed me that he didn't have any j-basses, but did have one with the same pup configuration.

he handed me a TBC bass. TheBassCompany it sounded great. the chambered body was completely unfinished and light as hell, no neck dive though. the best comparison i can make is to a music man...even though it had 2 j style pups. it was perfectly set up, everything coming out of it leaked funk.

the amp was hardcore too. I am now plagued with GAS.

2. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Those basses look pretty cool, what is the price range?
    They look a little Guild Pilotish to me...

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    the one i played, and that's pictured on teh site was $700US where i was. the president/designer of teh company worked at peavy for a long time, hence the similarities in teh headstock design.

4. Those basses are beautiful! Not only do they have JJ's, they have soap/soap's and MM/MM's and J/MM's as well!

SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM!!! I'll have a Soap/Soap, thanks with series/single/parallel switches on each pup.

WARNING!!! GAS IS CONTAGEOUS!

5. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    Is that an Ibanez-ish headstock? Looks like it.

6. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i agree, but peavy looks like ibanez, and the dude worked for peavey, so there ya go.