holy crap...that's some GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderx55, Aug 29, 2005.

1. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    Ok, so i trekked over to Ludlow guitars in NYC today to check out the new ashdown evoII rig. like a good salesman, the dude asked me what kinda bass i played and then informed me that he didn't have any j-basses, but did have one with the same pup configuration.

he handed me a TBC bass. TheBassCompany it sounded great. the chambered body was completely unfinished and light as hell, no neck dive though. the best comparison i can make is to a music man...even though it had 2 j style pups. it was perfectly set up, everything coming out of it leaked funk.

the amp was hardcore too. I am now plagued with GAS.
  2. spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Those basses look pretty cool, what is the price range?
    They look a little Guild Pilotish to me...
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    the one i played, and that's pictured on teh site was $700US where i was. the president/designer of teh company worked at peavy for a long time, hence the similarities in teh headstock design.
  4. Those basses are beautiful! Not only do they have JJ's, they have soap/soap's and MM/MM's and J/MM's as well!

SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM!!! I'll have a Soap/Soap, thanks with series/single/parallel switches on each pup.

5. waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    Is that an Ibanez-ish headstock? Looks like it.
  6. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    i agree, but peavy looks like ibanez, and the dude worked for peavey, so there ya go.