Holy Crap!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick Bibeault, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Well yesterday myself and my family gathered over my dads house for easter dinner and festivities. I knew he was going to make a turkey along with other things but this year it was different. Instead of cooking the bird in the oven he fried it! I have never had fried turkey before and all i can say is i will never eat turkey prepared in any other way. It was incredible!!

My dad got a turkey frier for Christmas and hadn't used it till today. When i got to his house i saw the pot on a burner with a propane tank attached in the back yard, i asked him what that was and he told me the turkey. I was skeptical at first of the idea of a fried turkey but boy, it was delicious!

I recomend all of you try this at one point or others who have already had this can chime in with words of encouragement to those who may still be skeptical. The only real downside to this is you have to fry it in peanut oil which is pretty expensive but can be used a few times if filtered out.

I am converted to fried turkey.
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...mmmmm, fried food. The standard bearer of food in America today. Even ice cream can be fried!
  3. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I should try this 'Fried Turkey'... I'm a big fan of fried foods (thank goodness my metabolism is high). Hey, have you guys ever tried a deep fried Twinkie? They have them at carnivals, and they taste awesome! :)

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You've obviously never lived in New Orleans. We always fry our turkeys down there.

I find it's best to fry your turkey with a fifth of Jack Daniels. Mmm, mmm!
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Or, fry one's own brain with Jack Daniels.
  6. fried turkey

7. that has "triple bypass surgery" written all over it :smug:
  8. jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    When these turkey fryers started getting popular, there were a bunch of people who burned down there homes frying indoors. A little oil spilled out the top & bam. the whole thing goes up.
  9. Thats the exact reason for my dad cooking it in the yard...they just finished a remodel on his house and the fire would have just made things messy....but atleast the turkey would get cooked in the flames after a brief fry session ;)
  10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Fried turkey is the ONLY way to go!!!

It doesn't lose its juicyness or its flavor. Absolutely AWESOME :D :hyper:
  11. Hmm I should *violently force* my mother to do this with poultry. Lets just say I have bitten into better sandpaper.
  12. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    there are really times I wish turkey had a different name. Either it or Turkey...
  13. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Turkey that's been injected with hot sauce and then fried is really awesome, too. I highly recommend everyone try it.
  14. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
  15. I love this guy

16. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    How about deep fried candy bars?

I'm serious.

No really, I'm serious. They are surprisingly good.

But as far as the miracle that is deep fried turkey...have you ever gone the next step past turkey and had a turducken?

Wow...Just wow.
  17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I hate you guys.

I havent had a home cooked meal in a month and Im dying!

PS: College diets suck!
  18. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    College diets...ooooooooooh yeah. So how is that ramen working out for ya? Do you mix yours with Campbells soups to make it go farther too?
  19. odie

odie Supporting Member

How long does a turkey take to be fried?? Is it an all day thing like baked turkey? What size bird??
  20. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Ha! I was just telling my roommate about turducken - his first thought was that it was a mixture of duck... and turds! :eek: