Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Holy crap

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    But Why?

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    To shake the women in attendance to orgasm?

I dunno, it sounds good on paper anyway :D

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Good Answer! :)

4. There have been a few of them locally. They SUCK! It's a servo driven sub and is VERY efficient in the mid and upper bass regions, but at extremely low freqs, the motor hangs and stutters. It's a discontinued model and that's why. Samick/Acoustic built them in Korea and imported them trying ride Servodrive's popularity about three years ago. The whole thing is about the size of a small car, but they also can't handle power for squat. I remember trying them out because I was impressed by the specs. They're not accurate.

The whole "Acoustic revival" that Samick tried to do after they bought the rights to the Acoustic brand name fizzled because most of the stuff was junk. Their biggest contribution was an INSANE amount of product placement in the movie "Josie and the Pussycats." They even stuck Acoustic logos on Marshall guitar amps and EAW monitors.

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I prefer a more traditional method;)

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    people complain about moving an 8x10, what kind of car and what kind of friends would you have to have to move that thing.

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The bigger the cushion, the deeper the pushin, or so I have read.

8. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Has Progzilla or JT been noified!?!

Those F# cats are gonna be all over this...

9. Only once is not generous.

:D